Friday, July 30, 2010

Tylenol Doesn't Help This Ache.

My mind aches. My heart aches. I ache for something more than just this. It's time for these dreams to mature and become reality, just like me. Time for me to grow up, and be who I'm going to be forever. I take these summer nights to plan my future, no longer dream of it. Will I succeed? Will I be the person I so want to be? What if I fail? And my mistakes, will they haunt me? Or are they easily dissolved like the ones now?

I ache to know if this world is as great as they say. I want to know how romantic things are; I have a feeling that the world is just as grey as I suspect. There are no shades of pink, or happiness, just grey. Just survival. Will philosophy be as useless as the life I live now? Will my aspirations be spat on because this world harbors no heart?

Soulless, conscienceless, apathetic.

No, I wasn't talking about you, but you're damn close. I'm talking about this world that's raising us. This world that's corrupting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment