Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Comparison That Makes Me Cringe.

How I feared this comparison. How I was stifling and muffling a matured distaste for you. We don't think alike, I'd like to snap, but I see its complimentary nature, to some degree. Academically, we're one the same road; philosophically, I seek Truth and Love. And you don't. Self preservation, how basic of you. Your Id, overdeveloped, and yet I supported it. My idea of Love held me true to you, is this not something we can agree on? If not, then why? I was only as devout as my soul could allow, and my soul was weak, and it allowed for complete potential. Our philosophies, or rather mine and your lack thereof, differ too much: it's in the words you speak. Yet, how do we compare? How are we so alike? How do we inhabit the same world, but different societies? Our intellect, for the most part humanistic in nature, is all that we can share, am I right? I mean, look at the way we function in a world full of mediocrity! I rise above, you fall in love. I cringe at this comparison, and I thought to let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment