Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sweet Enlightenment

Laying in bed, and memories of what used to be drip into my mind. Hopes of a perfect life when the basis of everything was so corrupt; how naive of me. I don't blame anyone; there's nothing left to say. Love was love, heartbreak was heartbreak, and nothing else. Nothing else happened, nothing else was to happen. I'm happy now, and that's thanks to such an abrupt halt into what I had became complacent with. Thank you for your time, it was an introduction to life. To forget anything is to be ungrateful. To be ungrateful would be to be unwise. 

And now time moves forward to the brighter days of the present, each day striving for the eternal sunshine. There hasn't been a day where love and happiness have exuded themselves to warm me. There hasn't been a day where friends remind me of what is childhood. There hasn't been a day where life hasn't kissed my cheek. I could stand before the masses and proclaim this blessing, but to know it and appreciate it matters much more. Had it not been for the lovely darkness, this warm enlightenment would not have been as sweet. My life now would not be so joyous had it not been for the despair.

No comments:

Post a Comment